One of my biggest goals for 2013, now that I am no longer married or trying to get pregnant, is to find ways to grow as a person. I plan to challenge myself in ways that I haven’t previously. I want to be less scared, less lazy, and less shy. I want to be more active, more adventurous, and more fulfilled. As ideas come to me, I plan to add them to this list and then check them off as I accomplish them. Some will be ongoing, while others will be a one-time thing. Either way, each activity will be designed to help me reach my goal of being a more actualized and satisfied person.
In the face of all the loss I experienced in 2012, I have decided to make 2013 a year of growth for me. Thus, the creation of my Get Growing list.
- Make it to the gym at least (but hopefully more!) than twice a week.
- Join a belly dancing class.
Go to a movie all by myself.
- Eat dinner in a restaurant all by myself without being on my phone the whole time.
- Overcome my fear of flying and go to Seattle. (This is happening in July!!)
- DC Color Run
- Dirty Girl Mud Run
Date! Date! and Date some more!On going. But so far, so good)
- Read at least one book per month.
- Actually make something I pinned from Pinterest once per month.
- Take a girls trip with my best ladies.
- Color my hair like this:
- Make at least one dress on my sewing machine.
- Quit Smoking!
- Get a dog?!?
…much, much more to come…